Fall of service of the SaltOS demos
This morning DynDNS has removed the domain used by the demo server and it has been Inaccessible for some hours. Now I use NO-IP and everything is ok.
Published new SaltOS release (r6600)
- Updated the libraries:
- Cookies (jQuery plugin)
- PHPlot (PHP plugin)
- Masonry (jQuery plugin)
- Archive (PHP plugin)
- TCPDF (PHP plugin)
- Form (jQuery plugin)
- WordPress (PHP plugin)
- jQuery UI (jQuery library)
- RFC822 addresses (PHP plugin)
- Mime Parser (PHP plugin)
- PHPMailer (PHP plugin)
- PHPExcel (PHP plugin)
- Added the libraries:
- EvalMath (PHP plugin)
- html2text (PHP plugin)
- Silk icones (Servidor plugins)
- PHPass (PHP plugin)
- Password Strength (PHP plugin)
- Removed the libraries:
- PHPThumb (PHP plugin)
- Jesus Camara found the CVE-2010-1598
- The vulnerability was corrected in the release r5104
- In the release r6194 the phpthumb library was eliminated in SaltOS
- Improvements to the database drivers (SQLite and MySQL)
- Improvements to the installer
- Integration of phplots improvements using maps
- Improved calculator widget (now does not require external binaries)
- Fixed several bugs reported by users
- Rewritten support for mobile devices (with jQuery Mobile)
- Tested on www.000webhost.com (now installed without using shell commands)
- Added a new icon theme (Silk is now the default theme)
- Emulation for pushstate, replacestate and onhashchange (useful for mobile devices based on Android)
- Improvements in the JS and CSS minification
- Fixed a bug that affects some applications with the Catalan translation
- Added support for correcting the problem of max_input_vars
- Added support for selectable text in the PDF viewer
- Added support for using priority and sensitivity in the emails
- Replaced the SHA1 by BCrypt in passwords (to avoid dictionary attacks)
- Added password strength indicator
- Added support to PHP 5.4
- Fixed a security bug (PHPExcel vulnerability announded by Stefan Schurtz)
- Added support to MariaDB (replacement for MySQL very much efficient and faster)
- Added file indexing (to allow search in the contents of uploaded files and attachments)
- Added support for RTL to allow new languages as Arabic.
- Added the Arabic language of Saudi Arabia.
- Improvements in the setup wizard.
- Added some example data (thanks to www.generatedata.com)
Published the new site of the SaltOS project
I hope you like this new website. In a short time, the contents will be updated to show the new development branches of the SaltOS project.
MariaDB replaces MySQL in Arch Linux repositories
Longest Running Linux Distribution Slackware Adopts MariaDB
Another interesting read, about the of free software and the gratis concept
Interesting reading about the PHP language
SaltOS is translated into Arabic and adds support for RTL languages
Thank to Mohammed Mubarak by write the translation of SaltOS to Arabic. This has helped me to add support for RTL languages into SaltOS. You can enjoy this new feature from the nightly versions.
One year of free hosting for saltos.net by dinahosting
Dinahosting has confirmed that continue the sponsorship for another year to the SaltOS project, giving a free linux hosting for the website. As always to all those who collaborate with these projects: Thank you.
Red Hat developers are planning to replace MySQL with MariaDB in Fedora 19
Network World tested 6 free databases, MariaDB wins the test
The MariaDB site adds SaltOS in their case studies
I recomend to use MariaDB instead of MySQL
After being developed several applications that use MySQL, I realized that it is very inefficient when tables have a lot of records and queries have various joins and subqueries. More info at: Why use MariaDB instead of MySQL?
I have reveived an email with the follow text: "Exploit found. hey fucking script kiddies, write good scripts... god damn it. http://packetstormsecurity.org/files/115855" from "Hans Wurst" using the web contact form.
As I don't know how contact with he because he doesn't add a real email, I want ask to he: are you a programmer?, have you made some contribution to society?, I consider your email as prepotent.
SaltOS runs without problems on PHP 5.4
Now that I already have a computer with PHP 5.4, I could do the tests, apply the changes and make the necessary improvements in the code to work properly in PHP 5.4. You can download it from the nightly from this night.
I moved the demonstration environment to my personal server
RaCaMeT had to leave the VPS that he had hired and for that reason, I had to move all the demostration environment to my personal server. Since the SaltSO and RhinOS projects, I want say thanks to RaCaMeT by these months of free hosting.
Now, you can download the nightly version of SaltOS
Incredible response of the jsmin library developer
This morning I detect a bug in a library that I use frequently and when I notify it to the author, he responds to me "To paraphrase Mr. Crockford: don't do that.". If you want to see all the thread, go to https://github.com/rgrove/jsmin-php/issues/14
I am preparing a nightly version of SaltOS
As many people ask me about how can download the last release of SaltOS (ie, I have in development), I will to publish a nightly version every night with all current changes. I will shortly be mounted to the public.
The ABCustom company has given me a quiet office to work in peace
The ABCustom company, a company that uses SaltOS from a long time in their management, has decided to thank the effort I make to the project with a partial part of an office located in Barcelona. Also I have installed my subversion server that I use for version control, connected to high speed internet. It's really gratifying to see that the wheel turns.